Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Don't Call My Name, Roberto.


Well, ladies and gentleman it's happened, we have a winner! Ali picked Roberto. How many of you were surprised? C'Mon, the man salsa dances and isn't afraid to do so on request. That alone is bonus points. In what was the most. (un)dramatic. rose. ceremony. EVER. Ali chose not to advance Chris on to the final rose, hell the final date, and cut her losses by selecting Roberto as her final suitor. I for one, though not everyone will agree with me, felt that it was a genuinely great move on Ali's part. Time and time again, Chris L. has proven to be the utmost gentleman, so why drag him through the pressure and stress of getting to the final rose only to be rejected? Really, she did him a favor, because now Chris L. will get more girls then he had ever imagined. I spent the entire season annoyed and making fun of Ali, and here she totally redeems herself!


So what did I learn this season from the Bachelorette? Many, many, things. I learned that one day, we will all find the man of our dreams. Then he will propose to you with a $30K ring that he didn’t pay for atop a mountain overlooking the Tahitian ocean with a great suit, and you wearing a gown with your hair and makeup perfectly manicured. That’s what happens in real life right? That’s what Ali taught me. That, and that it’s Ok to "Sacrifice everything for Love" when "love" means going on a reality show where they have pre-selected 30 random but completely good looking (mostly) sane men for me to choose from while we are flown, boated, and most importantly helicoptered around the world before I make my eventual decision on what lucky sap gets to marry me. I cant wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment